An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site. It originated as the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board, and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system. From a technological standpoint, forums or boards are web applications managing user-generated content.
You will be running into a lot of people who are obviously already promoting something. If you don’t have your own personal lead capture page offering some generic marketing information… which pulls in more clicks and opt ins than just your regular program page… you may want to think of offering something that educates them, while branding you as a professional marketer at the same time:
SHOW Them How To Get More Leads For Their Business!
ALSO – think outside the box! It doesn’t have to be a “marketing” forum. Find some discussion forums on whatever your hobbies or interests are… and simply have a catchy signature file on your profile like:
“The internet is a goldmine. Are you making money on the net yet?”
And you’ll be able to attract people who have not been exposed to all this yet… nice hot market…
Your Discussion Forums Marketing Cheat Sheet:
1. DO NOT SPAM THE FORUM!!! Don’t just blatantly “pitch” your deal!
2. Uplift, motivate, inspire and EDUCATE others…
3. Don’t know what a topic is all about (List Building, etc…) visit www.EzineArticles.com or www.HubPages.com and use their search feature to find a couple articles on whatever topic you’re looking to discuss… review and jot down some notes… You are now a TEACHER of that subject, because you’ve done your homework and chances are, you know more about that now than 90% of people on the forums… so now you can teach it!
4. It’s a great idea (generates more opt-ins) to have an Attraction Marketing Lead Capture Page and your own follow up Autoresponder to attract and build a list from traffic coming from Discussion Forums… that way people see you as a professional. And they don’t just prejudge your system’s lead capture page when they click on your link…
Luckily for you, you’ve already got your very own self-branded marketing system … you do have it already don’t you?
Next best option is to get a generic, training focused prospecting system like the one here:
And lead with that… as one of your links on your sig file…
I always used two links in my signature file:
One was direct to my own lead capture page…
The other was direct to my primary program (or any other affiliate link)
The main key is to stay consistent and become a part of the community… That will allow you to have hundreds of posts on a bunch of different topics, all with your links in your signature files… GOLDEN!
(and any of the other forums listed below that suit what you are doing)
2. Create your profile on the forums you choose and keep it updated.
3. Put up your first post.
Tips and Tricks
- Use your real name.
- Read the Forum rules , you will get banned if you break them.
- Ask questions on the forum
- Answer questions if you know what the answer is. Posting is the only way you build credibility.
- Build a strong persuasive signature, this is your link to your site after all.
- Write your signature like you would a PPC ad.
Forums I recommend
Below you will find a BIG list of the best marketing forums on the web.. I highly suggest joining, contributing some very quality ideas and posts at the forum… AND including your signature file in the bottom of each of you posts. This is an incredibly powerful way to make sales and I can’t recommend it enough!
http://www.1sitemanager.com/forum – Mike Filsaime’s Marketing Forum
P.S. Do you want in depth training on this marketing strategy plus many more. Then join us in our company, if you are accepted we will be in phone contact with you asap to talk about how we can help you.