Twitter can be a super power when it comes to Viral Marketing. Viral Marketing is the process by which others spread your marketing message for you.
This sounds absolutely cool and it is . You can tweet a simple message and have hundreds of people worldwide passing it on to their followers and so on. All of a sudden people around the world get exposed to your message and your name.
Unfortunately most people never experience this because they approach Twitter in the wrong way. Simply adding 1000′s of random followers will not lead to you getting hundreds of leads automatically.
It is wise to target who you add, people need to be in your market and looking for what you have to offer and you have to be offering something of value as well.
Take a look at this video training on Twitter to see what I mean... Twitter Video
“To utilize Twitter correctly you want to serve your CURRENT followers, this will create activity in their networks and allow you to gain their followers” David Schwind
So how do you gain other people’s followers and what is the benefit to doing so.First you must share value with your followers I also tweet any thing I do on Twitter straight away. If you have done a video or article or anything instructional or useful let your followers know.
They may then “re-tweet” or “@reply” your tweet and it is here that you experience the power of viral marketing! Just remember this will not happen unless you are producing valuable content that people find interesting and want to pass along.
I never hurts to make what you do interesting and entertaining either. Make sure you are someone people want to associate with.
Tweet things that happen to you, that you learn from that cause you discomfort just be real. There are millions of people out there simply flooding Twitter with standard quotes and blatant self promotion and you need to be different.
The lesson to be learnt here is that yes it is easy to automatically gain 1000′s of followers almost overnight but it is much more powerful to have a more select group of followers who are interested in what you have to say.
1. Add a ” follow me” message to all your auto responders and email messages.
2. Put a graphic on your Twitter page with the link to your website.eg learn more about me at www.xyzblog.com.
3.Include a follow me button anywhere you can place it , website, blog etc
4.Follow other twitter users in your specific area of interest
5. Tweet about interesting things, DO NOT use your sales pitch because no one wants to know. Post on things such as an interesting video you made or watched or a useful article you wrote, even good quotes at times can be used. As long as you add value to people you will be appreciated.
Tips and Tricks
- As a rule of thumb 1 sales tweet to 3 or 4 content tweets is best.
- If someone follows you follow back.
- Respond to all communications.
- Never type in caps, it is rude
- Don’t tweet specific personal information.
- Use Twitter to direct people to your Blog.
P.S. Do you want in depth training on this marketing strategy plus many more. Then join us in our company, if you are accepted we will be in phone contact with you asap to talk about how we can help you.